|790.01 Carrying concealed weapons.—
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person who carries
a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about
his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree,
punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) A person who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or
her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as
provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) This section does not apply to a person licensed to carry a
concealed weapon or a concealed firearm pursuant to the
provisions of s. 790.06.
(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for
purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:
(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other
nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for
(5) This section does not preclude any prosecution for the use
of an electric weapon or device, a dart-firing stun gun, or a self-
defense chemical spray during the commission of any criminal
offense under s. 790.07, s. 790.10, s. 790.23, or s. 790.235, or
for any other criminal offense.
History.—s. 1, ch. 4929, 1901; GS 3262; RGS 5095; CGL 7197;
s. 1, ch. 67-165; s. 2, ch. 69-306; s. 739, ch. 71-136; s. 2, ch.
76-165; s. 3, ch. 80-268; s. 2, ch. 92-183; s. 2, ch. 97-72; s.
1203, ch. 97-102; s. 5, ch. 2004-286; s. 2, ch. 2006-298.